What is the mathematical probability that god exists

Odds on that God exists, says scientist

what is the mathematical probability that god exists

Such trends have ironically been taking place even as, I would argue, the probability for the existence of a supernatural god have been rising.

what   full   get   season episode    where is the treasure map in greasy grove in fortnite   what kind of shirt to wear with high waisted pants

A patient goes to see a doctor. The doctor performs a test with 99 percent reliability--that is, 99 percent of people who are sick test positive and 99 percent of the healthy people test negative. The doctor knows that only 1 percent of the people in the country are sick. Now the question is: if the patient tests positive, what are the chances the patient is sick? The intuitive answer is 99 percent, but the correct answer is 50 percent, and Bayes's theorem gives us the relationship between what we know and what we want to know in this problem. Bayes stated the defining relationship expressing the probability you test positive AND are sick as the product of the likelihood that you test positive GIVEN that you are sick and the "prior" probability that you are sick that is, the probability the patient is sick, prior to specifying a particular patient and administering the test.

Unwin, PH. Physicist and Risk-Analyst Stephen D. The book is thought provoking and written in a witty and engaging style. I found it impossible not to like this book. The "evidences" pro and con as identified by the author are: 1. The recognition of goodness.

Robert H. The question of whether a god exists is heating up in the 21st century. According to a Pew survey , the percent of Americans having no religious affiliation reached 23 percent in Such trends have ironically been taking place even as, I would argue, the probability for the existence of a supernatural god have been rising. In my book, God? I should say that I am trained originally as an economist, but have been working at the intersection of economics, environmentalism and theology since the s. In the Princeton physicist — and subsequent Nobel Prize winner — Eugene Wigner raised a fundamental question : Why did the natural world always — so far as we know — obey laws of mathematics?

B etrand Russell , famous for his agnostic views as much as for his theories on logic, was once asked how he would answer if he turned out to be wrong about God.
how do you pronounce xerxes

Mathematician: Before jumping into this question, it is important to realize that probabilities are not objective, observer independent quantities. We can think of the claim that a particular outcome will happen with a probability of 0. Notice that this means that my estimated probability may change if the information that I have changes. To illustrate this concept, consider what happens when different people have different information about the nature of a single coin. For instance, suppose that I flip a coin, and you have to guess whether the coin lands on heads or tails. I, on the other hand, am aware that this is a trick coin with a head on both sides.



Computing the Probability of God

.

-

.

.

.

4 COMMENTS

  1. Audrey H. says:







  2. Wagotcioscom1978 says:

    A scientist has calculated that there is a 67% chance that God exists.

  3. Chapin L. says:

    Uber eats promo code mcdonalds monster musume episode 1 english dub playlist season 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Map